Have you made a new year’s resolution to be healthier and more active? Have you considered enhancing your smile? Research suggests the first thing people notice about each other is their smile.
A bright healthy smile is a great way to boost your self-esteem and your overall health.
Good oral and dental hygiene can help prevent bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease—and can help you keep your teeth as you get older. … An unhealthy mouth, especially if you have gum disease, may increase your risk of serious health problems such as heart attack, stroke, poorly controlled diabetes and preterm labour.
Ways in which you can improve your oral health are:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss your teeth once a day
- See a dentist and hygienist regularly – at least once a year
- Eat a healthy balanced diet
- Stop smoking
- Get pending dental work completed
- Change your toothbrush every 3-6 months